Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Give Your Mirrors a Facelift




I'm on a mission to spruce up the house a bit before winter sets in. There are a few projects that I have in mind to help me beat the winter 'blues'. My house is full brown and green taupe. Don't get me wrong, they are great colors, but all things in moderation. So my first fix is to paint over the gold/brown mirrors to change things up a bit!

I used a teal chalk paint with a dark antiquing wax to go over it. There are so many different colors to choose from as well as different finishes that you can find at most craft or fabric stores. 
There wasn't any prep needed for the surface other than a quick cleaning. After that, I painted the chalk paint and let it dry (I only used 1 coat). 
The antique wax was just as simple. I painted it on about 6 inches at a time and quickly wiped it off, it dries quickly. Wax on, wax off. It's that simple!
It's amazing how simply changing the color of the mirrors changed the look and feel of the room!



No comments:

Post a Comment